- Crab(cleaned)- 500 grams
- Onion chopped- 2 nos
- Tomato sliced- 1 no(optional)
- Coconut milk(thick)-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Curry leaves- few
- Mustard seeds
For the marinade
- Ginger-1" piece
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Green chili- 1
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 2to 3 tsp(or according to taste)
- Curry leaves-5 to 6 nos
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1/4cup
- Mint leaves- 6 to 8 nos
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients listed under marinade to form a smooth paste.Rub this onto the crab and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds let it splutter .Add curry leaves and onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the the crab along with the remaining marinade,tomato ,salt to taste and enough water.Mix well.Cover and cook over low flame till done.
- When the crab is cooked pour in the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve with rice.
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city