- Sprouted green gram/mulapicha cherupayar - 1 cup
- Urad dal/Uzunnu parippu-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Rice-2 cups
- Steamed rice-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
To prepare the batter
- Soak urad dal ,rice and fenugreek seeds separately for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds together with enough water and keep aside .Make sure it is really smooth and frothy ,as this determines how soft the dosa is.
- Now grind rice,sprouted green gram and steamed rice with enough water to form a smooth batter.
- Combine urad dal batter and rice batter together.Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Leave it to ferment overnight.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on to the center of the pan ,spread it in a circle.You can make it as thin as you like.
- Once the edges start to brown ,turn it over and cook till done.
Serve with sambar and coconut chutney
Sending this to
Kerala kitchen July event at Magpies recipes
Cook it healthy event hosted by sobha of good food blog and
show me your dosa event hosted by Divya of Dil se.