Recipe: -Shriya-Spicy tasty
You can find the original recipe here
- Mutton -1/2 kg
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 2tsp
- Onion finely chopped - 2 nos
- Coconut grated- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves-1/2 cup
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato finely chopped- 2 nos
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Cloves- 3 nos
- Cinnamon-1" piece
- Bay leaves- 1 no
- Cardamom-3 nos
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
- Whole black pepper-1/2 tbsp
- Whole red chilies- 4 to 5 (or to taste)
- Pressure cook mutton with cumin seeds,turmeric powder,salt to taste and enough water.Cook till tender.Separate the mutton pieces and stock and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast all the ingredients for roasting and grind to form fine powder .Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1/ 4 cup chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.Switch off the flame.Grind the cooked onion along with the above mentioned ground spice powder ,1/ 4 cup grated coconut,1/2 cup coriander leaves and 1 tbsp coriander powder to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the remaining onion till it turns translucent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add the cooked mutton pieces(without the stock) and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato,curry leaves,turmeric powder and salt to taste.Cook for 3 to 4 minutes over low flame.
- Now add the ground masala paste and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.