GREEN GRAM DOSA
- Green gram (soaked overnight)*-2 cups
- Green chili- 1 to 2 nos
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients to form a smooth batter of pouring consistency.Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Heat a non stick tawa, pour a ladle full of batter on to the center of the pan and spread it in circle.(Drizzle oil on the sides if desired)
- Once the edges just starts to turn brown turn it over and cook till done.
- Serve with Coconut-onion chutney.
*Note:To make it more nutritious use spouted green gram
COCONUT ONION CHUTNEY
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Red chilies-4 to5 nos (or to taste)
- Ginger-1/4" piece
- Tamarind-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Onion -1 small
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves- few
- Grind grated coconut, red chilies,ginger,tamarind and onion with enough water and salt to taste to form a fine paste.Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add curry leaves and fry for few seconds and pour this over the chutney.(This step is completely optional).