- Tofu(firm)cubed-250 gms
- Cornflour-1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger (julienne)-2 tsp
- Garlic (chopped)- 1 tsp
- Onion chopped finely- 1 no
- Green chilies chopped- 1 no(or to taste)
- Spring onion(chopped)-2 tbsp
- Red chili powder-1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Soya sauce-2 tsp
- Tomato sauce-1 to 1 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder- to taste
- Salt to taste
- Combine cornflour ,pepper powder and salt to taste with enough water to form a thick batter.
- Add the tofu cubes into this batter and mix carefully.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the tofu cubes, turning sides in between until it turns golden brown.(You can also deep fry the tofu cubes if you wish to do so)
- Drain this onto a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan , add ginger , garlic and green chilies and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add chopped onion and spring onion.Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add red chili powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add soya sauce and tomato sauce.Stir well.
- Add the fried tofu cubes and mix until combined.
- Switch off the heat ,garnish with chopped spring onions.