- Chicken breasts(cut into bite sized pieces) -2 medium
- Onion (chopped)- 1 medium
- Cucumber (chopped)-1 small
- Tomato (chopped)-1 small
- Lettuce (chopped)-1 cup
- Pita bread-3 to 4 nos
- Yogurt/Mayonnaise-1/4 cup
- Pepper powder-1/4 to 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-2 to 2 1/2 tsp(or to taste)
- Ajwain seeds(crushed)-1/4 tsp (if not available substitute with cumin powder)
- Kasurimathi (dried fenugreek leaves) (crushed)-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt-1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Oil-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for marination and rub it onto the chicken pieces and refrigerate for about 2 hrs.
- Arrange this on a greased baking pan and bake at 250 deg C for about 20 to 25 minutes ,turning sides in between.
- Combine yogurt/mayonnaise with pepper powder and spread it on to the pita bread.(you can also use green chutney instead of this)
- Now place a few spoons of cucumber,onion ,tomato, lettuce and chicken tikka on the bread,roll it up and enjoy!