- Hard boiled eggs- 2 to 3 nos
- Onion(sliced finely)-2 large or 3 medium nos
- Ginger (chopped)-1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped)- 1tsp
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Water-1/4 cup appr ( or as required)
- Vinegar- 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp( or according to taste)-see note
- Coriander powder-1 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Combine the ingredients for masala with sufficient quantity of water to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.saute it till onion turns golden brown ,over a medium flame for about 15 to 20 minutes ,stirring in between.(make sure onion is well caramelized, you can add salt while frying the onion to speed up the process.)
- Reduce the flame to low and add the masala paste,saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add water (and vinegar ,if using)and mix well.Adjust salt level at this point.
- Now add the sliced eggs,cover the eggs with the gravy,cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves ,if desired.
- Serve with idiappam or appam.
Note: Few of the readers have said that the curry is a bit spicy,if you prefer less spicy egg roast ,then use 3/4 to 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder only.
Other Egg Recipes
Nadan Mutta curry (Kerala Style Egg Curry)
Egg Curry with potato
Egg Roast with Tomato
Egg Curry with Tomato