MAKE AHEAD MEAT SAMOSA
- Pastry sheets-9 to 10 nos( Recipe given below)
- Beef ( cubed)-250 gms
- Chilli powder-1 tsp+1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp+1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp( or according to taste)
- Onion ( chopped finely)- 1 no
- Ginger chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 1 tsp
- Green Chili chopped-1 or 2 nos
- Grated carrot-1/4 cup
- Grated cabbage-1/4 cup
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- fennel powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- All purpose flour-2 tbsp
- Water- As required
- Marinate beef with 1/2 tsp chili powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt ,cook this with sufficient quantity of water till beef is tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Crush the cooked beef in a food processor and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion,ginger , garlic and green chili.saute till onion turns pink.
- Add grated carrot,cabbage and salt to taste and cook till it is almost done.
- Reduce the flame to low and add ,1 tsp chili powder,1/2 turmeric powder,and pepper powder.Saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add crushed beef,garam masala and fennel powder to this and saute till it is dry and colour turns to dark brown,stirring in between.
- Allow this to cool well before filling the pastry sheets.
- Combine 2 tbsp all purpose flour with a small quantity of water to form a thick paste.This is used to seal the edges of the pastry sheets.
- Take a pastry sheet and cut into two ( ie two semi-circles)
- Fold this to form a cone shape and place 2 to 3 tsp of filling into it and seal the edges with the flour paste prepared.You can freeze the samosas at this point.
- Heat oil in a pan ( oil should not be too hot) and deep fry the samosas till it turns golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
For Pastry Sheets
Recipe source (with slight variations)-Yummy tummy
- All purpose Flour- 1 Cup
- Oil- 1 tbsp( more for brushing on the sheets)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Water-as required
- Salt to taste
- Combine all purpose flour,oil,cumin seeds and salt together.Mix well using your fingers.
- Gradually add sufficient quantity of water and knead well to form a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide this into small balls of equal size.Roll each ball into circles.
- Take one sheet and brush oil on top and place another sheet over this one.
- Lightly roll this into a thin sheet.
- Heat a non stick tawa and cook this for less than 10 seconds on each side.( DO NOT OVER COOK)
- Find an open edge and pull it carefully to separate the two sheets.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
For step by step instructions check this out