Recipe source: Gazing in
You can find the original recipe here
- Pumpkin puree- 1 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- All purpose flour- 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder-1/3 cup
- Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add pumpkin puree,sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk together flour,cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Add pumpkin mixture to this and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour this into the prepared baking tray and level it with a spatula ,bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before cutting
- Dust the brownie with icing sugar and serve.
* This brownie is just moderately sweet ,you can add a few tablespoons more of sugar if required.
*The original recipe calls for 2 tsp of baking powder,but i added only 1 1/2 tsp.