- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Mushroom( sliced thick)-250 gms
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1 no
- Cardamom pods- 2 nos
- Cloves- 4 nos
- Cinnamon stick- 2" piece
- Onion (chopped)-1 no ( medium)
- Green chilies (chopped)- 1 no ( or to taste)
- Ginger ( chopped finely)- 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic ( chopped)-1/2 tbsp
- Green peas( frozen)-1/4 to 1//2 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves( chopped)- 1/4 cup
- salt to taste
- Water-2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cup( appr)
- Wash basmati rice,drain well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add bay leaf,cardamom,cloves and cinnamon ,saute for few seconds or until fragrant.
- Now add onion ,green chili,ginger and garlic.Saute until translucent.
- Add the sliced mushroom and salt,saute for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the moisture released from the mushroom is completely absorbed.
- Now add green peas,turmeric powder and garam masala.Mix well.
- Add rice and chopped coriander leaves ,Saute for about a minute.
- Now add water and salt to taste to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the rice is just done.
- Switch off the stove and fluff up the rice using a fork.Keep it covered for another 5 minutes before serving.
Sending this to EP series @ SpiceNFlavors
and Fast& Quick Healthy dishes Event by Priya's versatile recipes @ Life with spices