Recipe Source:Chocolate-Covered Katie
- Powdered Sugar-1/2 Cup
- Cornflour- 1 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract-1/2 tsp
- Water-2 to 3 tsp( or as required)
For color variations use Beetroot juice/Turmeric powder/cocoa powder as required.You can also use natural food colors.
- Sift together sugar and cornflour. Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add water one teaspoon at a time.
- For pink color add few drops of beetroot juice to this.For red ,add 2 tsp beetroot juice .Use a pinch to 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder for yellow .For chocolate sprinkles add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to the sugar cornflour mixture ,before adding the vanilla and water.
- Mix well to form a smooth and thick paste.
- Transfer this thick paste to a piping bag with very small round tip.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper pipe out long thin lines.
- Allow this to dry for 24 Hrs.After it is completely dry,break it into small pieces using your fingers or a knife.Store in am airtight container.
Perfect vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 15- 16 cupcakes
Recipe source Glorious Treats
- Cake flour-1 1/4 cups( see note)
- Baking Powder- 1 1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Eggs- 2 nos
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
- Butter milk- 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a mixing bowl ,whisk together,cake flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt.Keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl,add eggs and beat for about 10 seconds using a whisk.
- Now add sugar and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add Vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Now fold in the flour mixture into this in three batches alternating with the buttermilk.Mix well until combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 rd full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely,and frost as desired.( I used whipped cream frosting and homemade sprinkles)
Note: For preparing 1 cup cake flour,use 1 cup minus 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and 2 tbsp of cornflour.Sift this together at least 3 to 4 times.