Recipe for brownie :www.food.com
You can find the original recipe here
- All purpose flour- 1 /2 cup
- Cocoa powder-1/2 cup
- Brown sugar- 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda-1 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Brewed coffee-3/4 cup
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1/3 cup
- Finely chopped walnuts-2 tbsp ( optional)
- Eggless caramel Ice cream - 3/4 to 1 ltr
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all purpose flour,cocoa powder, brown sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together coffee,milk,vanilla extract and vegetable oil.Slowly add this into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add finely chopped walnuts ,if desired.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
- Place the brownie on to a work surface and cut out hearts using a heart shaped cookie cutter.Keep aside.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl.Let stand at room temperature ,mashing well with a spoon in between until it is soft enough to stir.
- Line a baking tray with foil or plastic wrap and let it extend over the edges of the pan.Now spread the softened ice cream on the prepared pan .Level it using a spatula.
- Now arrange the brownie hearts over the ice cream layer and press it gently so that the top of the brownie is almost in level with the ice cream layer.
- Cover this with a cling film and freeze until firm.
- Cut into squares using a sharp knife and serve.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely before cutting out hearts from it ,to avoid cracks on top of the brownie hearts.
- I halved the recipe for thinner brownies.
- These brownie have more of a cake like texture.