- Netholi/Anchovies( cleaned)- 250 gm
- Curry leaves- 2 to 3 sprigs
- Oil for frying
- Kashmiri chili powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 pinch
- Ginger-crushed-1/2 " piece
- Garlic-crushed-3 cloves
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt to taste
- Water-as required
- Combine all the ingredients for the masala to form a thick paste.Mix anchovies with this masala paste and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves ,let it splutter.
- Now add anchovies and shallow fry ,turning once in between until done.( you can also deep fry anchovies on a medium flame ,if desired)
Note:Adjust the spice level according to your taste.For best results use coconut oil.