Recipe adapted from: Modern Kerala Dishes-Mrs K.M Mathew
- Carrot -cut into 2" long, thin strips)- 1 cup
- Grated coconut-3/4 cup
- Shallots-sliced-1/4 cup
- Green chilies-chopped-1 tsp ( or to taste)
- Ginger chopped-1/4 tsp
- Kudampuli /Kokum- 1 small piece
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil- 1 to 2 tsp
- Water -as required
- Coarsely grind together grated coconut and shallots.
- In a pan or manchatti ,combine together sliced carrot,coconut mixture and the remaining ingredients.Sprinkle water as required.
- Cover and cook until done and it is almost dry.
- Serve with rice.