- Shallots-sliced-18 to 20 nos( or use 1 small onion)
- Tomato chopped-1 small
- Kashmiri chili powder-3/4 to 1 tsp( according to taste)
- Asafoetida-1small pinch
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt to taste
- Combine together shallots/onion and tomato in a blender and grind to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add curry leaves.Saute for few seconds.
- Add kashmiri chili powder,asafoetida , onion-tomato paste and salt to taste.
- Cook until raw smell leaves and oil separates.
- Serve with idli or dosa.