- Ripe plantain-5 nos( see note)
- Oil- for deep frying
For coconut filling
- Cashew nut -chopped-1/8 cup
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-1/8 tsp
- Ghee-2 to 3 tsp
- To prepare the filling heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts until it turns golden.Now add grated coconut and saute till it turns golden .Add sugar and cardamom powder ,mix well and keep aside.
- Steam plantain until soft.Allow this to cool slightly.Mash it well using a wooden spoon( like chapati dough)
- Grease your hands with ghee and take a lemon sized portion of the prepared plantain and lightly flatten it using your finger tips.Place 2 tsp of the prepared coconut filling in the center and press the edges together and roll it to form a cylindrical shape with pointed edges.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the stuffed plantain until golden brown on all the sides,turning once in between.
Note: If you are finding it difficult to shape cooked plantain,add few tsp of rice flour to it and knead well until firm.
Do not use over ripe plantains.