Serves : 2
- Squid-cleaned and cut into rings- 500 gms
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Tomato chopped- 1 small
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- as required
For masala paste
- Shallots- 12 to 15 nos
- Green chilies- 1 or 2 nos ( according to taste)
- Ginger- 1" piece
- Garlic- 2 large cloves
- Combine all the ingredients listed under 'For masala paste' and grind to form a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the masala paste and curry leaves.Saute until it turns golden brown.
- Next add tomato, cook until it turns mushy.
- Reduce the flame to low and add chili powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder.Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add squid and salt to taste ,mix well.Cook until it is almost done.
- Add garam masala and fennel powder.Cook for few more minutes or until the masala coats the squid rings.Add more curry leaves, if desired.