Serves : 2
- Hard boiled eggs- 2 to 3 nos
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Onion sliced- 1 large
- Potato -cut into small cubes-1 large
- Green chilies-cut vertically- 2 to 3 nos (according to taste)
- Garam masala powder-1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Thin coconut milk- 3/4 cup
- Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
- Oil- as required
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,Let it splutter.
- Next add turmeric powder and saute for 2 to 3 seconds. (make sure you do not burn it).
- Immediately add onion,potato and green chilies.Saute until onion turns golden brown and potato is cooked.(Cover and cook for few minutes more ,if required.)
- Reduce the flame to low , add garam masala , coriander powder and curry leaves.Cook for a minute or two,stirring well in between.
- Next add thin coconut milk and salt to taste.Mix well,cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over a medium low flame.Bring it to a boil.
- Next add hard boiled eggs and thick coconut milk .Bring this to just under a boil.
Serve with appam/chapathi.
For best result use homemade garam masala