Recipe adapted from : Taste of home,you can find the original recipe here.
Moist and delicious Banana bread,packed with banana flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Yields: 1 loaf
- All purpose flour- 1 and 3/4 cups
- Sugar-1 to 1.5 cup( see notes)
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp( optional)
- Nutmeg powder- 1 pinch( optional)
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Ripe bananas ,mashed- 2 medium( 1 cup)
- Canola oil-1/2 cup
- Butter milk-1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Walnuts,chopped-1 cup(optional)
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.If you like it less sweet ,use just 1 cup sugar.You can use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar,if desired.
- I halved the recipe and used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/8 cup regular sugar and it was just perfect.
- Cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder gives a nice flavor to the bread.
- I used just 2 tbsp chopped walnuts,adjust the quantity according to your taste.