Traditional Kerala rice pudding with jaggery and grated coconut.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 to 12
- Raw rice /Unakkalari-1 cup
- Jaggery,grated-1 and 1/4 to 1.5 cups
- Grated coconut-1.5 cups
- Ghee-3 to 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-3/4 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder-1/4 tsp
- Water-as required
- cashew nuts and raisins-as required
- You can fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee ,if desired.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to your taste.
- As this payasam is very rich,it is usually served in small portions.
- The quantity of ghee can be adjusted according to your taste.