Homemade Schezwan sauce,can be had as a dip or used to make Schezwan style fried rice/ noodles,Schezwan Chicken and lot more!!
Recipe adapted from: The chef and her kitchen ,you can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1.5 cups sauce
- Garlic cloves- 10 to 15 nos
- Red chilies,-10 to 12 nos ( see notes)
- Garlic ,finely chopped- 3 tbsp
- Ginger,finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Celery,finely chopped-1 tbsp
- Tomato,pureed-2 large
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 1 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- I used Kashmiri red chilies ,as it gives a great red color to the sauce and is less spicy.If you are using regular red chilies,adjust the number according to your spice level and also remove the seeds.
- I halved the recipe and got approximately 3/4 cup sauce.
- Make sure you cook the tomato puree and red chili -garlic paste well,until the raw smell leaves.