Quick and easy vermicelli payasam / kheer using condensed milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- Cashew nuts/almonds and raisins- 2 tbsp each ( or as required)
- Vermicelli/semiya - 1 cup ,heaped
- Milk-8 to 9 cups( about 2 ltr)
- Sweetened condensed milk- 1 Tin( 400 gm)
- Sugar- 3 to 4 tbsp( or according to taste)
- Cardamom powder,freshly ground- 1/2 tsp
- Ghee- 1 to 2 tbsp
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
- Semiya payasam tends to get thick when it cools down,to adjust the consistency add more milk and heat for few minutes.