Soft and fluffy bakery style milk bread.
Prep Time: 45 minutes + 1 hr 40 minutes proving time.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
Recipe source: Sara's Kitchen, You can find the original recipe here.
- Active dry yeast- 2.5 tsp ( see notes)
- Luke warm milk - 2/3 cup( 150 ml)
- All purpose flour - 2.5 cups
- Milk powder - 1 tbsp
- Caster sugar /Superfine sugar - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 3/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Butter- 2 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Lukewarm water - as required( i used 1/4 cup /see notes)
- Milk- 1 or 2 tbsp (to brush the loaf )
- All purpose flour - 1.5 tbsp
- Water- 100 ml(1/3 cup + 2 tbsp)
- If you are using instant dry yeast, add it directly to the flour along with the rest of the dry ingredients. (and add milk to the dry ingredients along with the water-roux paste.)
- Different flour types require different amounts of liquid,so start with 1/8 cup lukewarm water and add more if required.