Spicy Indian style fish and potato balls.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 14 to 16 fish balls
- Fish,cooked and shredded - 3/4 cup( see notes)
- Ginger and garlic ,crushed- 1.5 tsp
- Onion,finely chopped- 3 to 4 tbsp ( one small)
- Green chilies,finely chopped-1
- Turmeric powder- 1/8 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 to 1 tsp( according to taste)
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Potato,boiled and mashed- 3/4 cup( one medium)
- Lemon juice- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- All purpose flour- 3 to 4 tsp
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Breadcrumbs-as required( about 1/2 cup)
- Oil- as required /for deep frying
- In a bowl combine together all purpose flour and water to form a batter.(The batter should not be too thick or too thin.)Dip the fish balls in the batter.
- Next roll each ball in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan.When the oil is hot ,fry the fish balls until golden brown,turning once or twice in between.Drain onto a clean kitchen towel.Serve with tomato ketchup.
- To prepare fish,add required amount of water ,salt and pepper to taste and cook until tender.Drain and allow to cool completely.Remove the bones and shred the fish using your hands.
- You can use any firm fish to prepare this.
- I used 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder.