Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 to 16 pieces
- Besan / Chickpea flour / Kadalamavu - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Single thread consistency of the sugar syrup is very important to obtain the perfect texture.
- In the final step,make sure the besan mixture is frothy and porous while transferring it into the tray.If you transfer the mixture before this stage, mysore pak will turn out soft and will have a raw taste.If you over cook the mixture ,it will crumble easy and you will not be able to cut it into squares .You may have to use a spoon to eat it, but it will taste great for sure!!!
- The top and the bottom surface of the mysore pak will cool easily ,while the middle portion remains hot for quite some time.Therefore the center portion gets cooked further and gets a slightly dark colour.
- Check this video for detailed procedure.