Learn how to make light ,fluffy and delicious glazed doughnuts.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours 30 minutes
Makes: 10 to 15 Doughnuts
Recipe source: Leitesculinaria, You can find the original recipe here.
For the dougnuts:
- Active dry yeast - 3 tbsp
- Luke warm milk - 1 cup
- Bread flour- 2 to 2.5 cups( i used approx 3 cups all purpose flour,see notes)
- Sugar - 2 tbsp,heaped
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Egg yolks- 3 large
- Butter,at room temperature - 4 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - for deep frying
- Confectioners Sugar - 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder- 4 tbsp
- Milk or water - 2 tbsp ( or as required)
- Vanilla extract - 1.5 to 2 tsp
- For sugar glaze mix 1.5 cups confectioners sugar with 3 to 4 tbsp of milk /water and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- I did not have bread flour,so used appr 3 cups all purpose flour.
- Bread flour gives much lighter doughnuts compared to all purpose flour due to its high protein content ,which forms gluten when moistened.This gluten gives elasticity to the dough, so it can trap more air pockets.