Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
Recipe source:Marias Menu,you can find the original recipe here.
- Beef,cut into small cubes - 1/2 kg
- Water - as required
- Coconut oil - as required
- Curry leaves - 1 handful
- Ginger and Garlic ,crushed - 1.5 Tbsp
- Shallots,crushed/sliced - 1 cup
- Crushed dry red chili- 1 to 1.5 tbsp( or according to taste,i used 1 and 3/4 tbsp )
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Coconut ,sliced- 1 cup
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Do not substitute red chili flakes with chili powder, as it may affect the taste.
- Shallots and curry leaves are essential ingredients for this recipe, so do not skip them.